This Friday marks the grand re-opening of M. Dumas & Sons after the completion of our $2 million renovation project! Here are five updates you can expect from the upgraded store experience:
- NEW LOOK, SAME FEEL: The renovation focused on the 8,400-square-feet of retail space on the first floor with the goal of providing a fresh, updated look for customers, while preserving our comfortable atmosphere. Locals and visitors who have grown up visiting M. Dumas can still find the door to the store propped open, and a welcoming, knowledgeable sales team on the floor ready to assist when needed.
- HISTORIC TOUCHES: You’ll notice updated walls and apparel space, including sections where the original interior brick walls are now visible, revealing 200-year-old bricks on the 296 building, and bricks that date back over 100 years on the 294 building.
- SHOWROOM OVERHAUL: The entire showroom floor has been replaced with reclaimed pinewood harvested from old barns in the Carolinas. We also replaced all cabinets and fixtures with new, custom-built ones. Many of the electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems within the building were also replaced to complete the overhaul.
- PROJECT RESTORATION: We’ve restored the exterior awnings that were used beginning in the 1920s. The building’s historic freight elevator—one of the first in a commercial space in downtown Charleston—will also be restored to its original condition as the last step in the project.
- FALL STYLE: Of course the renovation wouldn’t be complete without the clothes! We have the latest fall styles from all your favorite brands. Come on in and shop the best selection of menswear in Charleston!
From beautiful barn wood floors to striking exposed brick and everything in between, the renovated store brings a fresh and elegant feel that fits the Dumas brand perfectly.
We can’t wait to cut the ribbon on the store re-opening this Friday. But you don’t have to wait until then to see it for yourself! Come by tomorrow to shop before the re-opening festivities, and be sure to stop in this weekend for exciting celebrations and events.
Please note that we are closed all day on Wednesday, September 23, in preparation for our grand re-opening weekend.